Location I shop at: Arlington, Virginia (Clarendon neighborhood): 2529 Wilson Blvd.
Parking is difficult in Clarendon and it's easier to walk from the Metro; this store is midway between the Clarendon and Courthouse stations.
There are other locations at 1009 King Street, Alexandria, VA; 1809 14th St NW, Washington, DC; and 7220 Wisconsin Ave, Bethesda, MD. I haven't visited any of these locations.
Current Boutique is a women's consignment shop. It carries these women's items:
- Casual wear
- Club wear
- Business wear
- Jewelry
- Shoes
- Belts
- Handbags
This is a consignment store with a focus on youthful name brands. There is a wide range of prices and quality. You'll find anything from $8 polyester H&M tops to $200 Dior leather accessories. Having these different brands displayed together demonstrates the vast divide in quality between fast fashion and genuine designer clothing. You can touch and compare the weight, the drape, and the hand of the fabrics, the stitching of the seams, the unexpected details and clever construction of the really good pieces. I've been shopping at Current for discarded fast fashion business wear to replenish my wardrobe after pregnancy permanently changed my hip and bust size. My budget doesn't allow for splurges, but there is always a temptation when I see these beautiful and well-made pieces.
The store truly has a boutique feel, with cute fitting room curtains, somebody's pop playlist on the speakers, and an attentive, well-dressed staff that keeps the sales floor well-organized. Current Boutique caters to a twentysomething clientele, and a lot of their pieces are too revealing, too informal, or too flashy for me to wear comfortably. Their broad range of styles, however, means that I always find several pieces in the style and price I'm looking for.
No comments:
Post a Comment